I’ve just been feeling very overwhelmed by how glad I am to make it to the third trimester that I’ve been taking the time to just kind of look around me.
- I have a husband willing to get up at 6 am and go to Starbuck’s to get me a latte because he knows that I, on my new route to work, will never drive by a coffee shop again.
- Today, I picked Pea up from school and they talked about love today since they are studying the letter L this week. They made a love book and wore love crowns. The first thing she said to me was “Mom, I put you in my wub book and I wub you too Mom.” Can you say heart melt?
- Also? She drew this pretty amazing picture of me and the dog. She was kinda proud of it… I was too.
- According to Google Maps, I drive 1.1 miles to work now. I used to drive 18 miles each way through some serious traffic. This? Is an amazing blessing. I think I filled my tank sometime last week. Usually? I would fill my tank once a week if not more.
- Colorado is not my ideal choice for a home, but sometimes we are just reminded of why we’re lucky to be here (and not California). This morning on the way to work I saw a hot air balloon out. You can usually see lots and lots of them as people go on sunrise/sunset flights. I haven’t seen one all summer, which I thought was weird, so it was nice to see one out this morning against the beautiful landscape.
- For the first time in two years I don’t vomit in my own mouth and get instantaneous heartburn if my boss comes into my room. Before, I’d hear her coming (you always heard her before you saw her with the 6 inch heels she wore) and I’d just want to puke. Now? I welcome my boss in to see what we’re doing and? I don’t worry about harsh judgement. She trusts me as an educator and gives us the autonomy to teach (shocker, I know).
- I somehow convinced my friend Whitney to spend pretty much the whole day with Pea and I down at the Air Force base at a Disney-sponsored event for children. Did I mention she’s younger than me, childless and unmarried? She could have easily said “umm… yeah… I have plans,” but she didn’t. I don’t know too many people interested in hanging out with a pregnant lady and her toddler at a hot, outdoor event with people’s bad ass kids running around. I was reminded of how blessed I am to have good friends. So important in life.
- I have been waiting since 2006, the year the husband and I moved in together and maybe realistically since 2009 when Pea invaded our bed to have a King-sized bed. My husband is so determined to make sure that I’m comfortable during this pregnancy and he made that happen. This bed? Is heaven. No back pain. Plenty of space for the growing womb. I… am in love.
- I have a doctor that’s a bit more liberal than the doctor that I had when I was pregnant with Pea. When I tell her the things that I didn’t eat or the things that I didn’t do when I was pregnant with Pea she laughs. She’s like “pffff! Dawana, I have four kids. I do not want any of my patients to feel uncomfortable or like they’re missing out on something while they’re pregnant.” If I’m in pain and there’s a med that can help, she offers it as an option… she laughs off almost every “you shouldn’t eat that food” question that I have and I just love her. She cares. She fought hard from day one to help me keep this baby. She listens to every fear and concern that I have. Her nurse takes my phone calls and returns any messages the same day… and that, in my opinion, is a blessing. It’s hard to find a good doctor.
- I am just in a happy place. I don’t say that often because y’all know me. The glass is half empty (you drank it, duh!), I’m very realistic, can be a little grumpy at times… and I’m still all of those things. But I’m happy right now. I have to thank God for that. And my husband. And my daughter. And my friends- near and far (including Jill and Trish and Erin and my homegirl ksluiter) they keep me grounded and laughing and… they keep me real.
I hope your week is going well. I wish I was blogging more lately, but I am busy at work and come home feeling beyond exhausted. Stick with me. Once I get a groove at work, I’ll be back on my grind blogging more frequently.
Come on…don’t copy- get your own material. Nobody likes a cheater! Original & Hand Written Plagiarism Will Be Detected. This site is being monitored by CopyGator. Mmkay? Thanks.