So, I love pasta. I just do. And so anything related to cheese, meatballs and marinara sauce is right up my alley.
When I found this recipe for meatball stuffed buns on Pinterest I was all “hell. yeah.”
And? It looked so easy to make. Double bonus for these meatball buns. I knew they’d be in my belly soon.
I think the only changes that I made were the following:
– a commenter on the original blog post (over on Menu Musings of a Modern American Mom) suggested melting butter, sprinkling the spices in the meted butter and then spreading this mixture onto the buns before baking them.
– In the original post it was not clear if she used both halves of the biscuit to wrap the meatballs and cheese, like a pocket, but that’s what I did because I found that one half wasn’t enough to completely surround the meatball and cheese.
– I didn’t make as many as she did, I used her original recipe quantity to share, but I only used 2 cheese sticks and five meatballs (since there were only two of us eating).
– I made a small side of penne pasta with marinara to eat with it.
However you choose to make this warm deliciousness. Enjoy because it. is. good.
Meatball Stuffed Buns
|Meal type||Appetizer, Main Dish, Side Dish|
|Website||Menu Musings of a Modern American Mom|
- 1 can Pillsbury Golden Layers Biscuits
- 10 Frozen Fully Cooked Italian Style Meatballs (Thawed and cut in half)
- 5 sticks String Cheese
- sprinkle Dried Basil
- sprinkle Dried Oregano
- sprinkle Garlic Powder
- sprinkle Black Pepper
- 1 Medium Cup of Marinara Sauce
Come on…don’t copy- get your own material. Nobody likes a cheater! Original & Hand Written Plagiarism Will Be Detected. This site is being monitored by CopyGator. Mmkay? Thanks.